Thursday 10 January 2013

3rd animation

Well my time being able to spend animating/days being able to hasn't quite been what I'd hoped for. So I think i'm changing my posting titles to be based on the animations I've done.
So following my initial list of what I wanted to get done, I have gone ahead and animated a pretty generic jump up and down. Just like what I had planned based on the ianimate stuff. I'm enjoying animating atm, but i'm really not enjoying the lack of character coming out of these tests.

I honestly can't remember how to embed videos on this things. So I guess you guys are going to have bear with the droplink box if you are wanting to watch. Come the end of this I will definitely upload all my shots together in a reel format. So until than :P

Side View of Jump

I'm going to bypass the steps I did to get here, and just talk my way through it today.
I started with the bouncing ball. Worked out the timing and squash and stretch.
Went into the rig and mimicked that onto the root. From there I worked on the squash and stretch and the spine. Posed in the legs, posed in the arms after that. I than cleaned up the curves of the posed arms and legs and left it at that.
I wanted to do a quick test on squashing and stretching the controls so you may notice 15-19 and and 37 and 38 have some s and s on them.
I noticed as I was working on this shot, that the ball timing wasn't working out like I had wanted it to. I added 3 frames of overlap at the peak of the jump. I also deleted a frame from the initial squash before the jump. It's not perfect, but it works, and i'm looking forward to moving into a more character driven piece.
You may also note that the rig is no longer in its generic look. It's hard to tell from this shot, but he now has a mustache and a tie added.
Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment